18.8.09

Prayer for my professor

Over the past few weeks, I had forgotten to check some of the blogs I used to frequent. Not many blog posts can make me cry, but this one did. But not for the obvious reason (at least, not solely for that reason). It's just that Professor Stuntz's wisdom and strength are just so overwhelming to me that I have no other response. His amazing faith is such a reflection of God's work in him that, even with all the pain Professor Stuntz has had to endure, I find myself admiring him more than pitying him. In some (I feel somewhat perverse) way, just witnessing a tiny, infinitesimal part of Professor Stuntz's experience has blessed and humbled me. I pray for his family's peace and comfort in all of this, and that his journey (wherever it leads) will bring him even closer to the Lord.

No comments: