16.6.08

Sorry for the inconvenience

I know I've been away forever -- sorry! I've been having computer problems, and of course there were finals and vacation and starting a summer job in there, too. In any case, I've been making my way through some movies in the past few weeks, and I hope to add some new reviews soon. To give an idea of some reviews in the hopper, I'm having to take the summer to rewatch some AFI movies. As many of you know, after college I made it a point to watch every movie on the AFI 100 Years . . . 100 Movies list, which was made in 1998. Well, in 2007, the American Film Institute decided to update that list, knocking off 23 films and replacing them with 23 other films. 1/5 of the movies were incorrectly put on the list??? And only 4 films from 1997 to 2006 were added, so we're talking some serious revisions. Anyway, I'm watching those movies added to the list that I haven't already seen (and thanking my lucky stars for film class in college, without which I wouldn't have seen some of the harder-to-find films).

No comments: